Vincent, Romeo & Rodriguez, LLC
Call Now, Free Initial 15 Minute Phone Consultation
Denver Metro Office 303-500-5859
Boulder County Office 303-720-7260

December 2015 Archives

Why is an elder law attorney necessary?

During the two most vulnerable times in our lives, when we are infants and when we are seniors, we require the help of others to advocate for our care. When we are born, our parents take on the responsibility of raising us, caring for us, and providing for us. As we age, our parents are less able to take on these responsibilities. When we become seniors, our parents are gone, leaving us once again vulnerable. For aging seniors, it is important to have an advocate to take on the responsibilities that our parents once did. For many seniors and their families, this means finding the help of an elder law attorney.

Good news for Medicare recipients in 2016

Earlier this year many seniors were concerned with the projected prices for Medicare part B. Initially, Medicare part B monthly premiums were projected to increase by some 30 percent for new enrollees. However, thanks to a bipartisan budget act signed into law in November, roughly 70 percent of the U.S.'s Medicare beneficiaries will not see a Medicare part B premium increase in 2016. The other 30 percent of Medicare beneficiaries that had anticipated paying much more for part B will actually pay much less than experts previously thought.

Don't forget about life insurance when creating a financial plan

Life insurance is one of those necessary tools that often goes overlooked or underappreciated until it comes time to cash it in. Many people know that life insurance plays an important role in their estate plan, but few people see it as a useful asset in their financial plan. The fact is that ultimately, the money provided by a life insurance policy could help protect family assets that may be placed in jeopardy if there is a shortage of estate funds.

The threat of scams increases over the holidays

Con artists and scammers know no boundaries when trying to solicit money from unsuspecting people. Seniors and retired individuals are at high risk of falling victim to these tactics. Lying and deceit are part of the game, and unfortunately for many the game is afoot and in full swing over the holidays.

Email Us For a Response

Contact Our Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location:

Louisville Office
1805 Hwy. 42
Suite 100
Louisville, CO 80027

Phone: 303-720-7260
Fax: 303-604-6052
Louisville Law Office Map

Englewood Office
5460 South Quebec Street
Suite 333
Englewood, CO 80111

Phone: 303-500-5859
Fax: 303-723-8814
Englewood Law Office Map

Phone Numbers:
Phone Numbers:
    • Super Lawyers
    • Super Lawyers
    • Super Lawyers
    • ACTEC | The American College Of Trust And Estate Counsel
    • Top Lawyers 2015 | 5280
    • ACTEC | The American College Of Trust And Estate Counsel
    • Top Lawyers 2015 | 5280
    • Life Care Planning Law Firms Association
    • National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc
    • NELF | National Elder Law Foundation